Chanel voller Landlust – Eine Hommage an die österreichische Tracht. Mehr dazu hier: http://www.nachrichten.at/nachrichten/society/Chanel-voller-Landlust-Hommage-an-Oesterreich;art411,1551134 (Bild: APA)
The current main building on the Ringstraße was built between 1877 and 1884 by Heinrich von Ferstel. The previous main building was located close to the Stuben Gate (Stubentor) on Iganz Seipel Square, current home of the old University Church (Universitätskirche) and the Austrian Academy of Sciences (Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften). Women were admitted as full students from 1897, although their studies were limited to Philosophy initially.