Adolf Hitler as a witness in the murder trial, 1931. One of his storm troopers was accused of murdering a political enemy. He swore he had prohibited his storm troopers to use or possess arms. At his left stands Dr. Lippert, Mayor of Berlin at that time ; at his right sits Dr Hans Frank, later Governor of Nazi-occupied Poland; in the rear, between Hitler and Lippert is the face of Rudolph Hess, former leader, third in command, of the Nazi Party. The photograph was made secretly.
The Architect Paul Ludwig Troost with Hitler and Gauleiter Adolf Wagner before a model of the House of German Art (1933). Troost's enormous, colonnaded, neo-classical museum was the Reich's first representative monumental structure. Troost would never see its completion, however, as he died in January 1934, a few months after the cornerstone had been laid. (Work continued under the direction of his wife, Gerdy Troost.). The museum officially opened on July 18, 1937. Photo by Heinrich…
April 1950 Berlin Die zerstörte Passage Friedrichstr.-Unter den Linden
Breslau, Silesia, March 1945: Soviet crew rushes to man a 122mm howitzer firing down Gutenberg Strasse as Sgt Makeev shouts orders from his perch inside a ruined building. The scene is one of utter devastation. The battle for Breslau was bitterly fought by both sides with the deployment of heavy weapons resulting in irreparable damage to the city.