Zwinge Palace, a stately building and park built in Rococo style by court architect Matthhaus Daniel Poppellmann. Once the residence of the electors and kings of Saxony, that served as an orangery, exhibition gallery and festival arena of the Dresden Court. Today it is a museum complex that houses old Masters. Dresden, GERMANY
Parterre gardens (ca.1720) and New Palace/Neues Palais (1819-26 by Christian Friedrich Schuricht). The gardens of the water-palais of Schloss Pillnitz are a prime example of the anglo-chinois style of the 18th century. Laid out along the Elbe, accessible by barge from Dresden, the initial baroque parterres, featuring three large palais wings with distinct pagoda roofs and chinese decorations, were later enlarged with an "english" garden (1778-80) and a chinese water garden (1790).