History of Westhorpe in Mid Suffolk - WESTHORPE, a parish in Hartismere district, Suffolk; 1¾ mile W of Finningham r. station, and 7 N of Stowmarket. Post town, Finningham, under Stow-market. Acres, 1,322. Real property, £2,211. Pop., 227. Houses, 53. The property is much subdivided. W. Hall was the seat of the Duke of Suffolk, in the time of Henry VIII.; and was taken down in 1760. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich.