Lexington Union Station open 8-4-1907 w/arrival of Chesapeake & Ohio pass train No.24, fronted Main St, west of Walnut St, which is now Martin Luther King. Ext. red & yellow brick, green & red glass, lobby in center rotunda (50'x80'w/central dome 50' high), Roman arch ceiling & 6 oak waiting benches. 05-09-1957 last pass. train departs (Chesapeake & Ohio's George Washington). Station closed due to high overhead & low pass. travel, and in March 1960 building demolished. photo taken…
Byzantine amethyst cameo depicting St George and St Demetrios, 6th century AD. Found with the Cheapside Hoard, a collection of Elizabethan and early Stuart era jewelry on display at the Museum of London.
Another image of the Ascension window: Commissioned for over the altar at Grace Church, this Tiffany was given in memory of former rector, the Rev. George Patterson, by Mrs. W.A. Gate and the installation was supervised by Tiffany himself. The surrounding panels comprise the All Saints Window, the later work of Payne-Spiers Studios, given by the parish from 1949-1954 to complete this magnificent tribute above the main doors and narthex of the merged church.
The Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine, Americas First Parish. Founded September, 8 1565 TOTAL Awesomeness. and TRUTH Be Known St Augustine Florida and the Fortaleza del Castillo De San Marcos is the FIRST Settlement and CITY in North America.