Claydon House is a country house in the Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, England, near the village of Middle Claydon. It was built between 1757 & 1771. The house as it stands today is a fraction of its original planned size. What remains today is the 'west wing'; this at one time had an identical twin, which contained the ballroom, & other state apartments. The twin wings were separated by a huge colonnaded rotunda surmounted by a cupola.